ENA is a non-profit association, created in 2006, which develops activities in the areas of environment and energy and aims at the sustainable development of the community where it operates, acting as a promoter of behavior change and resource use habits and involving the local actors in order to create a truly efficient energy and environmental culture.
Located in the Setúbal Peninsula, its area of intervention integrates the municipalities of Palmela, Setúbal and Sesimbra, having developed and participated in projects with repercussions in the energy, environmental, economic, socio-demographic and territorial areas, in a region that combines industrial activity and technology forests, agriculture and handicrafts, tourist infrastructure and natural areas.
Through technical activities, research and cooperation projects, awareness campaigns, information and training, ENA provides knowledge and advice to municipalities, public and private entities, associations, industry, technology centers, universities, the school population and citizens.
ENA participates actively in RNAE - National Network of Energy Agencies (www.rnae.pt), and is an associate member of the Energy Cities, participating in the elaboration and discussion of international and national policies and strategies in the areas of environment and energy, as well as as specific cooperation projects. Since 2006, ENA has been working on several European, national and local projects, establishing partnerships and developing specific activities that allow us to gain useful experience for this specific project, namely:
- Training and awareness campaigns on energy efficiency, renewable energy sources, mobility and management of natural resources aimed at public authorities, private entities, associations and citizens, in the context of specific projects (Knowing & Act, GEEPMEs, Promotion 3e, Route of Oils Used Foods, RecOil and YAECI);
- Awareness raising, dissemination and training of the educational community:
- Teacher training in the areas of rational use of energy, environmental promotion, sustainable mobility, among others, of which the training course under the protocol with the Teachers Training Center of the Santiago Order stands out.
- Creation of educational resources and pedagogical tools.
- Within the framework of the Covenant of Mayors, it works with Municipalities, other public entities, companies, citizens and civil society organizations in the elaboration, implementation and monitoring of action plans for sustainable energy (ENA municipalities);
- Preparation and discussion of Sustainability Reports (GRI4);
- Implementation of energy management processes in public and private entities (eg Smart Offices: Energy Off Platform: http://energyoff.pt/site/index);
- Development and implementation of technical training programs (teachers, students, decision-makers, technical staff from private and public entities) in the areas of environment, renewable energy and energy efficiency (Energy Game II, Young Energy Leaders, Energy Tutors in Schools, ISO 50 001);
- Energy audits (ISO 50 002) and energy certification of buildings (public and private entities);
- Measurement and verification of organizations' energy performance (ISO 50 015);
- Development and implementation of Municipal Energy Observatories, since 2009;
- Development, together with its Municipalities, of the Arrábida Energy Strategy.
- Interreg MED COMPOSE), together with NGOs and associations that represent civil society, of tools and materials to raise awareness, solutions and technical projects for Municipalities, social entities, school, business and rural communities, to increase energy sustainability (Interreg MED COMPOSE) .
ENA has participated in the implementation of renewable energy and performance contracts at local government level. In the context of this work, ENA collaborates with several national and European entities, in particular funding bodies, notably the EIB, legal offices and policy makers, resulting in collaboration in case law for Portugal in the areas of energy efficiency and energy sources renewable energy sources.